2018 BALA CUP CHAMPIONS
Welcome to our annual Bala Cup!
Location: Emerald Hills Sports Complex in Sherwood Park
Fees: Entry free to be paid at the door for $5 per day (Children 12 yrs and under are free)
Open Bar and Food will be sold during the tournament and water will be supplied to teams
Opening Ceremony: 9:00 AM. Singing of the National Anthem for Canada and Fiji
BALA CUP Schedule
|Ground 1 (Turf) / Ground 2 (Grass)|
|Saturday June 30th 2018 – Pool Games|
|10:00 AM||Chivas FC||1||v||3||Nadi FC||#1 (Turf)|
|10:00 AM||Oromia FC||2||v||3||Rangers FC||#2 (Grass)|
|11:00 AM||Amazulu FC||0||v||1||Africana FC||#1 (Turf)|
|11:00 AM||Cameroon FC||2||v||2||Nations FC||#2 (Grass)|
|1:00 PM||Nations FC||4||v||1||Nadi FC||#1 (Turf)|
|1:00 PM||Africana FC||3||v||0||Rangers FC||#2 (Grass)|
|2:00 PM||Amazulu FC||0||v||1||Oromia FC||#1 (Turf)|
|2:00 PM||Cameroon FC||1||v||1||Chivas FC||#2 (Grass)|
|Sunday July 1st 2018 - Third Games|
|10:00 AM||Chivas FC||3||v||3||Nations FC||#1 (Turf)|
|10:00 AM||Oromia FC||0||v||1||Africana FC||#2 (Grass)|
|11:00 AM||Rangers FC||3||v||0||Amazulu FC||#1 (Turf)|
|11:00 AM||Nadi FC||0||v||4||Cameroon FC||#2 (Grass)|
|Sunday July 1st 2018 - Semifinal|
|12:15 PM||Cameroon FC||1||v||5||Rangers FC||#1 (Turf)|
|12:15 PM||Africana FC||1||v||2||Nations FC||#1 (Grass)|
|Sunday July 1st 2018 - Final|
|4:10 PM||Rangers FC||5||v||1||Nations FC||#1 (Turf)|
All schedule times are subject to change. Please check with officials on completion of games.
2018 BALA Soccer TOURNAMENTS RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The kick-off times are final. The game will be played if the teams have a minimum of seven players. If there are less than 7 players after a 10-minute grace, the match will be abandoned, and the team will forfeit the match.
- Games to be played in duration of 70 minutes in group stages, 80 minutes in quarterfinal rounds, 90 minutes in medal games.
- All games will be played with unlimited substitutions.
- All players are required to wear shin guards covered with socks, and proper foot gear. ln the event the jersey colors are similar, the organizers of the tournament will provide bibs for the home team.
- Tournament will be a round robin format with each pool consisting of 3 or 4 teams. It will be a point system format with the winner getting 3 points, one point for a tie and no point for a loss.
- The top two teams from each pool will advance to the Championship Play-offs. ln the event of a tie in points in the group play, head to head will be considered first, followed by goal differential, least goals scored against and finally penalty kicks.
- ln the event a wild card team (s) is required to advance to the playoffs, the format for selection will be
- Number of points
- Goal differential
- Least goals scored against
- Penalty kicks
- Each team will submit a roster of a maximum 25 players to tournament officials 7 days before the tournament starts. The roster can be updated by adding players, but there can be no deletion or removal of a player from the roster once submitted.
- Managers and coaches are responsible for ensuring that their players have not registered with or played for another team. This is to be done prior to every game. A team that is found to have featured a player that has already registered/played on another team may forfeit that game. A player is assumed to have played a game if his name appears on the roster for that particular game.
- Teams will submit a game sheet to the match officials (referee) before kickoff. Teams are allowed to add players who arrive late to the roster before the game starts, as long as those players have not yet played for any team and you can only dress 18 players. However, the total number of players used in the tournament cannot exceed 25 as per article 8. A player added onto the game sheet should be added on to the main roster with the tournament organizers (roster coordinator) before the game. Every player should bring photo identification documents in case organizers are required to verify the identity of such a player. This is an amatuer soccer tournament. No former professional or current professional allowed in tournament.
- The tournament will abide by ASA Governance Documents, including the By-laws, Governance.
- TWO yellow cards accumulated by any player in the tournament will result in an automatic one game suspension.
- Red cards will be an automatic suspension of the next game, and a further punishment may follow upon review of the offence. If expulsion is for abusive language to either match officials or opponent, players may be expelled from the tournament. All referee's decisions are final.
- There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for any form of physical assault on match or tournament officials. Criminal and legal actions will be taken against any person who engages in such a behavior.
All teams are responsible for the conduct of their supporters.
- Teams may provide flags from their country during the tournament.
- Organizers are not responsible for any form of injuries that occur during the tournament.
- If for any reason the tournament fails to take place, the teams will receive their registration fees back in full. Teams will be made to forfeit the deposit under the following conditions:
- Failure to show up for any part of a match.
- Engaging or initiating mass confrontation, physical assault.
Remember that this is an open family friendly tournament.
- If there is any issues arising from the tournament that may not be covered in these rules (i.e. FIFA, ASA or EDSA RULES) the organizing committee and the match commissioner will come up with a decision that binds all. If a team is not satisfied with any decision during the match, they have 15 minutes after the match to file their concern in writing to the tournament organizers. There is $5o.oo (Fifty Dollars) protest fee applied.